TO DISCIPLE A NATION CONFERENCE
“If the church does not disciple the nation, the nation will disciple the church”.
To Disciple A Nation is a 3 day conference focused on the task God has given us to disciple the United Kingdom. During this event we will explore how we, as followers of God, are called to influence our society and culture towards the Kingdom of God. We will look at what is happening in the UK and seek God’s plans, purposes and vision for our engagement with it.
We will be joined by lead contributor Bob Moffitt, co-founder of Disciple the Nations Alliance, who will share his experience on this topic. We will also invite local contributors who have a specific UK focus. Informal times of sharing, group discussion, processing and feedback will be emphasised so we can learn from one another’s experience and ideas.
We invite you to join us as we gather around the idea of discipling our nation and grapple with the task of doing so. This is event is open to all who are passionate to see transformation in the UK, whatever your profession. The desired outcome is that participants would leave with a greater understanding of our corporate and personal roles in discipling the UK, a sense of personal and shared vision, as well as strengthened relationships around this task. We desire that God would meet with us during this time and lift out heads towards the bigger picture of his plans and purposes for us and this land.
Start Date: Thursday 25th October 2017, 11AM.
End Date: Saturday 27th October 2017, 1PM.
Cost: £86 (Full Board) £70 (Food Only)
- What does making disciples of nations mean? Exploring what Jesus meant by making disciples of all nations and what the Bible says on this topic. Looking at how the church relates to the Kingdom of God and to our nation.
- How is a nation discipled? Explore how nations change and our role in pursuing this. What positive examples exist? What Biblical principles apply? What is the churches mission? How should we relate to other spheres of society such as the family, business, government, education, the media and arts?
- The UK – Past and Present: Looking at our history as a nation. Why has Christianity declined and where are we at today? Examining lies and truth in our culture. Discussing what we see regarding the 7 spheres (family, economics, religion, education, media, celebration and government) in this day and age. What good things are already happening and what is holding us back from seeing more?
- The UK – Future: Considering what God intends for the UK and what that would look like. Seeking God’s vision and call upon our nation.
- How do we step into alignment with our mission? Discussing how the church can best be shaped around its intended purpose and Christians engaged into their callings. What is God’s call to us today in our current context? How do we engage with today’s world? Dreaming together and inviting God to speak to us. What, if any, strategies should we engage with?
Bob is a friend of YWAM and co-founder of the Disciple Nations Alliance (DNA). He writes and teaches curricula designed to enable lay Christians to live out their faith in practical terms, believing that local church represents the single most important community-based institution for social and cultural transformation in any nation.
Since 1968 Bob has developed and directed Christian organizations that encourage Christians to demonstrate God’s love, especially to broken people and their communities. Bob maintains a busy travel schedule, training church leaders around the world in Biblical, wholistic ministry. He has also helped to develop a free online training school called for the discipleship of nations called “Coram Deo”.
Bob has a Ph.D. in adult education from Union Institute in Ohio and also has done graduate studies in public administration, apologetics, missions, Biblical studies, and volunteer administration. He is author of “If Jesus Were Mayor: How Your Local Church Can Transform Your Community” and other books.
Bob and his wife, Judy, live in Phoenix, Arizona. They have three adult children and four grandsons.
You can see a short video introduction from Bob here: https://coramdeo.com/bio/Bob_Moffitt
We would encourage you to consider reading one of these books as part of preparation for our attending this conference:
- Truth & Transformation – Vishal Mangalwadi
- Futureville – Skye Jethani
- Discipling Nations – Darrow Miller
- The Book That Transforms Nations – Loren Cunningham
6 Highfield Oval, Harpenden, AL5 4BX, UK
ywamharpenden.org is the official website of Youth With A Mission Harpenden, a ministry of YWAM International and YWAM England.
Registered charity number 1156783. Company registration number 8807913 in England and Wales.
© 2016, YWAM Harpenden, a ministry of YWAM International